Robert Bruce and Sonia Simone
If you've been with us for a while, you know that we consider email one of the most valuable tools in your marketing tool kit. Email will help you attract prospects, nurture leads, and pave that path to a sale.
But do to all that, we first have to somehow convince our audience to opt in. In this session, Copyblogger's chief content officer Sonia Simone talked with VP of marketing Robert Bruce about how to make that happen.
Robert and Sonia talked about:
- Why we endorse confirmed opt-in (and why you should never try to buy email lists)
- What makes people sign up for email lists
- What keeps them reading those lists
- How to structure your opt-in page
- What kinds of enticements work best to get opt-ins
- The pros and cons of the "membership library" concept
- The pros and cons of the autoresponder "drip"