Pamela Wilson and Sonia Simone
As content creators and publishers, most of us do a lot of writing. And some days, it feels like we do a lot of not writing.
In this session, Sonia Simone talked with Pamela Wilson about what she’s learned over the years about how to get more high-quality writing done, how to handle the unique stresses of writing and “writer’s block,” and what habits you can put in place to make writing more enjoyable.
Sonia and Pamela talked about:
- The miraculous power of the crappy first draft
- Tips that consistently improve the quality of your writing
- The most important habits of highly productive writers
- How to work with a writing group
- How and when to use feedback (and when you should never show your work)
- Accidental Genius: Using Writing to Generate Your Best Ideas, Insight, and Content by Mark Levy
- The Artist's Way and the Morning Pages exercise by Julia Cameron
- Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
- Evernote for capturing thoughts, ideas, etc.
- OmmWriter to improve focus while you're writing
- MindNode Pro, a mind mapping app
- MindMeister, another mind mapping app
- Scrivener, a much-loved app for writers
- Insight Timer, a nice timer app
- RainyMood, relaxing rain sounds to help your creative focus
This session contains no affiliate links or promotions.