Chris Garrett and Sonia Simone
Every business owner has those times of doubt -- is the business working? Is it viable? Is this just a temporary "dip," in Seth Godin's term, or a long-term warning sign?
In this session, Chris and Sonia talked about how to know things are working -- and what to do if they aren't. They discussed:
- What success (or lack of it) looks like when your numbers are still small
- Simple, low-cost ways to test your ideas
- The "special math" of email lists
- The one way *not* to be like Copyblogger (at least not right away)
- What to tweak if it's not working
- Merlene recommends "good book Playing Big by Tara Mohr -- helps you identify your inner critic but also your inner mentor -- and the inner mentor (once you get it) can help you get over the self-sabotage"
- The Ask formula
- Make an inexpensive light tent
Clarify your appeal:
- Who do you help?
- How do you help?
- What impact does it have?
- Why you versus anyone else?
- What is the next step?
Two good resources for "stuck spots":